1. Update on my swelling situation I told you about a few weeks ago. The swelling is still there at five, almost six, weeks postpartum. I was able to slide my ring off one day a couple weeks ago but it then took a lot of olive oil and grunting to get it back on again. I did some Google research and all this week I've been drinking a lot of water trying to over-hydrate my body. Apparently that can sometimes do the trick. But you guys, it's super hard to remember to drink all that water when I'm dealing with a 3-ring circus at any given second. I wish I could just hook myself up to an IV.
2. I'm struggling to get myself into the Advent season right now. All the shopping and decorating and baking and celebrating feels a bit overwhelming to me right now. My sister-in-law, who had her third baby in October of last year, told me the same thing happened to her last Christmas. I guess a new baby really brings out the bah-humbug in me.
3. Our toy room looks like hurricane force winds whipped through it right now. I told William that before Christmas we're going to go through all his toys and decide which ones we can give away, throw away and keep. He told me I can give everything away except his lightsaber and Vtech; his two favorite birthday gifts. But what's a mom to do? I know that he's probably right. The kid really could care less about toys. He's all about books and games and puzzles and outdoor play. But I don't think I can part with his toys. Some are too sentimental and some I wonder if the younger kids will play with someday. OMG! Am I hoarding?!
4. This morning Brian and I toured the school where William will most likely attend kindergarten through eighth grade. Yep, we're there already.
5. For quite some time now I've been growing out my hair. If you've known me IRL for any length of time you know that my hair has almost always been shoulder-length or shorter. But I needed a change and since I didn't want to go any shorter, I decided to go longer. It's just now finally reached a length where I can start thinking about giving it some curl. I'm talking real tendrils here. So I gave it a try last week when I had the time. When Brian came home he, who never notices ANY change, could not get enough of it. He told me I looked like a country music star. I'm not exactly sure what that means but he definitely said it with a positive tone so that must mean it looked pretty good. So there ya go, ladies. If you want your man to notice you, get out your curling irons. You're welcome.
6. I have my first real out-of-the-house date tomorrow and it's with my girlfriends. I could not be more excited! I really hate being away from my babies during the newborn stage but I know a few hours will do me good. Plus there's a side of me that has great satisfaction in knowing that Brian will get a small taste of what I deal with on a daily basis. He'll need to dust out the cobwebs on the multi-tasking part of his brain. Do guys even have that part in their brain? That's not a dig. It's an honest question.
7. All three of my kids are sleeping AT THE SAME TIME right now so I think I'm going to go join them. I took a quick nap yesterday and it was amazing what a little shuteye did for my mood. Have a good weekend everyone!